Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's been a while, time for an update

So I took some time out from my blog a while back now (as anyone who reads, has probably noticed).

I had alot to get my head around and adjust too. We found out at the end of January that we are expecting a beautiful precious bubby..

We had been of the mind that if it happened it happened, and left it up to that.. It's been a time filled with anxiety, happiness, sadness, excitement. I have found this time around I am aware of EVERYTHING. Any little niggle or twinge. Anything I am eating. Just everything. I have always been really careful with all of these things, but this time around, I'm like a crazy pedantic women. I can't help it. I have to know I am doing everything right and everything I can to have a heathy breathing baby come mid October.

We are 21'ish weeks now. And all seems to be going ok. I have my midwife with us for this journey again and she is and has been such an amazing support. I really think this will be healing for all of us. Owen was the first baby she attended to born sleeping. And we had gotten so close during our journey. I think and really really hope this is all going to be ok this time. I am working really hard (we all are) to achieve the best labour and birth for us all.

I feel like Owen has been watching over me more then ever. It's like he's with me, making sure everything is going ok with his mummy, and his baby brother or sister. (although I am sure he knows what we are having). :)

I know I originally started this blog after loosing our little Owen, and I hope that people will be ok with me discussing my pregnancy also. I need to have an outlet where I can just write whats in my head and not feel like I need to edit.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back blogging Mel. This blog is your space to right what you want and what you need. We have everything crossed for things to go to plan this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I was so glad to see you updated the blog, I had been wondering how you've all been coping with the mixed emotions of pregnancy after loss. Has Owen's birth changed the way you want to birth this baby? I hope it's ok to ask that :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls.. xxxxx

    Emma, of course it's ok to ask that. I have answered in the latest post. :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails