Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Easy.... I think not!

Isn't school holidays suppose to be easy...

ahhhhhh NO... well not for me anyway.. Kids, for sure.. they love it..

So far these school holiday I have been sick most of the time. I got the flu, and got it so bad, my husband banned me to bed. You might think that sounds great, and whilst it was, it's also boring. So then I start feeling better and think, "sweet, a couple of days in bed and I have kicked this".
Sadly, not so. A couple of days later it beat me down even worse. I was exhausted, couldn't breathe properly, sore ears, sore throat, a cough that just wouldn't give up (you get the gist). Now, I know that everyone gets sick, but I think when your pregnant it just sux. Nothing can be done, you just have to suck it up.

So then we get to this weekend.. "Mrs cranky pants" I was. My god.. I was horrible.

The day started out just wrong, I have been freaking out. TMI - I know you are to expect a certain amount of discharge with pregnancy, but on sunday I had a little gush. Cue me freaking out. What if something happened to the baby.. I rang my midwife and started crying. She said that with consequtive pregnancies, that the discharge can increase. We spoke for a while and she put my mind at ease (for now). Then the crankyness really kicked in. I even went for a walk hoping that the fresh air would help.. NOPE...

Went to be early sunday night, woke up at 4am with cramps.. WHAT THE HELL.. at about 5.30am, the vomitting started. So began my next 24hrs. I couldn't stop, I was in pain from the amount I was vomitting, I couldn't keep anything down. I was either lying on bed, or in the toilet, (for one thing or another). By last night, my tummy was so so sore and having pains, my back ached and I was just misserable and crying.

So now, I have an irritable uterus (hopefully that goes away). I just have to stay calm and try and relax. I was so close to being taken to hospital, luckily, the vomitting stopped (slowed) and I was able to keep some fluids down.

All of this on school holidays. It couldn't happen on a day the kids are at school and would be made easier. Oh well.. such is life. back to the couch for me.

1 comment:

  1. Please, if you could, consider going to the hospital to have them test to make sure that you are not leaking amniotic fluid.
    Have you had any other gushes?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails